- Slim candybar prepaid phone with text messaging, voicemail, caller ID, call waiting and multi-language support
- Pay for only the calling time you use with minutes purchased from Tracfone–no annual contract required
- Phonebook with up to 100 entries, organizer tools, hands-free speakerphone, and vibrating alert
- Up to 4 hours of talk time, up to 456 hours (19 days) of standby time
- What’s in the Box: handset, battery, charger, user manual
Amazon.com Product Description
The perfect complement to Tracfone prepaid wireless service, the Samsung T101G offers an affordable way to stay in touch with family and friends across town and around the globe via voice communication and text messaging. It features a color display, speakerphone, bi-lingual support (English and Spanish), organizer tools, up to 4 hours of talk time, and up to 20 minutes of starter airtime upon activation.
Whether you want to send a text, go hands-free, or stay on schedule, the Samsung T101G has the tools you need to get the job done quickly and easily.
Tracfone provides nationwide prepaid wireless service using the nation’s leading cellular providers to create a national footprint covering 99 percent of the U.S. population. This gives you connectivity everywhere cellular service is available. You can use your Tracfone across the U.S. and if you move, you can relocate your wireless number with just a phone call.
You can buy bundles of minutes (which must be used within a set time limit of between 90 to 365 days) from the Tracfone web site on your home PC or directly from your phone’s web browser. For example, if you purchase a block of 120 minutes of airtime, you’ll need to use that within 90 days of your first use. When you buy additional airtime minutes, your Tracfone service is extended automatically by another 90 days. Tracfone also offers international long distance calling to over 60 international destinations (including Argentina, Brazil, China, Mexico, most European countries, and many more), which deducts the same amount of minutes from your phone as when you make calls to destinations within the U.S.
Includes up to 20 minutes of starter airtime upon activation.
This phone ships with a number of handy Tracfone services, including free voice mail, free caller ID, and free call waiting. And perhaps most importantly, the integrated TracFone Airtime Balance Display shows you how much airtime you’ve used and how much is left, so you can control your costs. You must activate your cell phone before use either by calling the Tracfone toll-free number or going to the Tracfone web site.
The Samsung T101G has a 1.5-inch color screen with a 128 x 128-pixel resolution and support for 65K colors. It sits above a standard navigation area with send/end buttons and soft navigation keys, and is complemented by a standard alpha-numeric keypad. The phone’s small internal 2.4 MB memory can store up to 100 contact entries in the handset’s phone book, and it also displays the last 30 incoming/outgoing/missed calls.
If you need basic messaging capabilities, the T101G has you covered as support is built-in for sending and receiving SMS text messages. The T9 predictive text technology is built into the unit, which autocompletes text for you as you type on the alpha-numeric keypad and offers options for selecting the correct word.
Other features include:
- Includes up to 20 minutes of starter airtime upon activation (after activating your TracFone on the TracFone web site)
- TracFone Airtime Balance Display shows you how much airtime you’ve used and how much is left, so you control your costs
- Downloadable ringtones, graphics, news, weather, sports and more using Airtime Minutes
- Organizer tools: Alarm clock, calendar, calculator, world time, stopwatch, converter
- 15 pre-loaded ringtones
- Vibrating alert
- Multilingual text display (English and Spanish)
- Auto redial
The Samsung T101G weighs 2.5 ounces and measures 4.07 x 1.77 x 0.59 inches. Its 800 mAh lithium-ion battery is rated at up to 4 hours of talk time, and up to 456 hours (19 days) of standby time. It runs on the 850/1900 MHz GSM/GPRS frequencies.